If you’re looking for ways to have healthier teeth in the new year, we’ve got you covered! Our Brighton cosmetic dentists are highly trained in all things that have to do with healthy teeth. Maybe you already have healthy teeth, but if you’re looking for ways to be healthier take some of the tips & tricks from our Brighton cosmetic dentists!
- Brush your twice a day – This may come as obvious to most, but sometimes it can be forgotten. Brushing your teeth twice daily helps prevent gum disease and keeps your teeth clean and happy. Make sure you’re brushing your teeth properly – our Boston cosmetic dentists recommend using soft bristles and paying attention to the gum line.
- Floss your teeth daily – Again, this may come as obvious to some but flossing can oftentimes be forgotten. At a bare minimum you should be flossing once a day, but our Brighton cosmetic dentists recommend that you floss twice a day to ensure your teeth are kept healthy.
- Avoid sodas and sugary drinks – Avoiding drinks with high sugar content is extremely beneficial to your teeth according to our Brookline cosmetic dentists. Over time, drinks with high sugar content can cause cavities and erode your enamel which can make for some pretty painful times. It’s okay to enjoy these drinks once in a while but they shouldn’t be a part of your daily routine for healthy teeth!
- Brush your tongue – Your teeth and gums are important for a perfect smile but your tongue holds a lot of bacteria that needs to be cleaned, Your tongue is actually home to the most bacteria in your mouth so making sure to brush your tongue should be a part of your daily dental routine!
- Change your toothbrush – If you’re using a non-electric toothbrush make sure you change it every three months, and buy a new one. If you’re using an electric toothbrush, make sure you change the head every three months to avoid the growth or harmful bacteria and keep your mouth healthy.
- Schedule regular check ups – Our Brookline cosmetic dentists also do check ups, we recommend that you get your teeth cleaned by a professional dentist every six months as a preventative measure. Scheduling regular check ups with your Brookline Dentist can ensure that you keep your teeth in optimal shape.
- Stop Smoking – We all know how bad smoking is for your health, but did you know how bad it is for your teeth? It can have as harmful effects on your mouth as it can on the rest of your body. Smoking is associated with many harmful risks, our Brookline Cosmetic Dentists recommend that you quit smoking.